Work shoes are a must in a variety of industries, ranging from construction to factories. But when working in wet and extremely slippery environments, wearing standard work shoes can be dangerous. This is because the soles of most shoes are made from smooth surfaces that offer no traction or grip on slick floors.
A non-slippery shoe, on the other hand, is made from rubber that provides a strong grip and stability. These are the perfect answer for anyone working in a wet or slippery environment. Non-slip shoes are useful in many ways, even outside the workday. When you want to exercise on wet surfaces, non-slippery rubber soles allow you to run and jump without fear of slipping.
What Makes Rubber Non-Slippery?
Rubber is naturally non-slip because it has many small pores for gripping the surface below. These pores also allow water to evaporate quickly, thus preventing slip and falls in wet areas. In addition, rubber is made to stretch, helping it grip the ground tightly.
These properties ensure that non-slippery shoes provide maximum stability and safety on wet surfaces. When shopping for non-slip shoes, look only at those with rubber soles. Other materials will not provide enough slip resistance to be effective.
Also, be sure to choose the rubber soles based on your industry and job requirements. Construction-grade rubber, for example, is made to be extremely durable while still providing a strong grip.
Standard Features of Non-Slip Work Shoes
The best work shoes are ones providing a non-slip grip that is also comfortable and durable. Here are some features you should look for when shopping:
- An anti-fatigue design that can absorb the impact of long days on your feet
- A mesh lining to allow airflow and prevent sweating, which helps reduce odors in hot working conditions
- An insole made from a strong material, such as polyurethane, to help support your feet and absorb impact
- A durable midsole that can handle the demands of your industry while providing comfort
- Laces or slip-on designs for easy on and off
- A high-traction rubber sole for safe performance in slippery conditions
With different features, you must consider what you need for your job.
Non-Slip Work Shoes Standards
OSHA requires that employees in wet or slippery conditions are given boots with slip-resistant soles. The agency also recommends wearing steel-toed rubber safety boots with non-slip soles for extra protection when working on ladders, scaffolds, and elevated platforms.
Slip-resistant shoes should adhere to the ANSI-Z4 standard for footwear slip resistance, which gives the shoes an ASTM F1677 rating. The ratings are based on factors such as water absorption, surface friction, and abrasion.
Slip-resistant rubber work shoes protect you from dangerous conditions in wet areas while providing comfort and support throughout your shift.
Why Choose Non-Slip Work Shoes/Boots
As a worker or someone that is needing of non-slip work shoes, you need to consider why you are in need of them. After answering that question, you will know how to select the best non-slip work shoes for your needs.
If you work in environments where there is a high risk of slipping and falling on wet or oily surfaces then you should choose an anti-slip shoe with excellent grip, exceptional comfort, and a non-slip sole. You will also need to consider what kind of material they are made from, how long they will last in extended wear conditions, and whether they provide enough ankle support for your needs.
If you work on ladders or scaffolding, it is important to choose slip-resistant shoes with steel toe caps. In addition, you should select ones that have excellent treads on the soles for superior traction and a secure grip when on slippery surfaces.
Slip-resistant shoes should also allow ventilation to help prevent foot fatigue and odor while protecting your feet from environmental dangers such as sharp pieces of metal or falling tools.
How to Choose the Right Non-Slip Shoes
Are you looking for the best non-slip shoes to keep your feet safe? There are numerous things that can affect how slip-resistant a shoe is. Look at where you’re working, what kind of work it is, and what other employees in similar positions are wearing.
Aside from safety and protection features, non-slip work shoes are also available in different colors, shapes, and features such as steel toes or waterproofing. The best non-slip work shoes are a combination of safety and comfort, as well as durability. It is also a combination of features such as slip-resistant material, steel toe protection, and breathability.
Leading Brands of Non-Slip Work Shoes
Non-slip work shoes are available from many suppliers. Here are some of the most trusted brands:
Timberland PRO Slip-Resistant Shoes
Timberland PRO offers non-slip shoes as well as safety boots for those working in slippery conditions. These slip-resistant shoes meet or exceed ASTM F1677-11. They have a slip-resistant outsole, a waterproof leather upper, and a mesh lining for better breathability.
Timberland PRO also offers a steel toe slip-resistant shoe, as well as slip-resistant water-resistant boots for added protection. Their work boots are sized from 3 to 13 and available from price from $100to $150.
Timberland PRO Website: https://www.timberland.com/timberlandpro.html
Timberland PRO Work Boots: https://www.timberland.com/shop/mens-pro-work-shoes#orderBy=-1&beginIndex=0&categoryId=10173
Muck Boots Work Shoes
Muck boots are another great choice for people working in wet conditions. The company makes high-quality rubber boots that come in various styles and sizes – from hunting to work – with non-slip soles.
Muck boots also have a slip-resistant grip on the outer sole for added safety. Muck Boots offer sizes from 5 to 16 and prices range from $130 to $230. They offer work boots for both men and women, as well as for kids.
Muck Boots Work Boots: https://www.muckbootcompany.com/collections/work/
Wolverine Slip-Resistant Shoes
Wolverine Worldwide, Inc specializes in work and outdoor footwear. Its non-slip shoes are designed with oil-resistant rubber outsoles to help keep you from slipping even if there is oil on the ground.
The company offers rubber boots for men and women, in sizes from 5 to 14. They price their work boots between $90 and $200. Wolverine slip-resistant boots are offered with 7 different colors to choose from.
Wolverine Slip-Resistant Boots: https://www.wolverine.com/US/en/technology-slip-resistant/#srule=top-rated&start=0&sz=48
Caterpillar Slip-Resistant Shoes
Caterpillar Inc is a manufacturer of heavy-duty boots and shoes that focus on safety, durability, and comfort. Its slip-resistant work shoes have a superior oil-resistant rubber sole for added traction even though it’s thin.
These non-slip shoes also feature lightweight midsole EVA with excellent cushioning and shock absorption. Caterpillar slip-resistant work boots and shoes come in sizes from 3 to 15 and price range between $80 and $200. T
hey are offered in 7 different colors and 3 different widths.
CAT Homepage: https://www.catfootwear.com/US/en/home
CAT Slip-Resistant Work Boots: https://www.catfootwear.com/US/en/technology-safety-features-slip-resistant/#srule=price-low-to-high&start=0&sz=48
Top Tips for Protecting Against Slipping on Surfaces
Here are 10 ways to protect against slipping on wet surfaces:
1. Be Aware of Surfaces You should become aware of what kind of surfaces you’re walking on before you take your next step. Look for things that could be damp or wet, oily, or even slippery.
2. Walk Slowly and Gently When you walk on a slippery surface, make sure to do it slowly and cautiously. This will allow you to avoid slipping and injuring yourself.
3. Clean Up Spills Immediately If there is a spill, clean it up right away before anyone else slips on it. The sooner the better! You should also request that your workplace use non-slip mats or other types of flooring for extra safety.
4. Be Aware of What You’re Wearing Think about what you are wearing. Is it non-slip? Are your shoes slip-resistant or waterproof? As an example, if you’re working outside in the rain and don’t have any protective gear, water could seep into your shoes and make you more likely to slip.
5. Talk to Your Employer If you’re concerned about slipping, talk to your supervisor or manager. They may be able to provide you with some helpful information such as floor mats or shoe inserts that can reduce the risk of injury.
6. Keep an Eye Out for Hazards Don’t just look down at your feet – check around you, too. That includes above you, in case there’s something hanging overhead that could fall!
7. Use Caution Around Cables and Electrical Wires You should always be aware of cables and electrical wires when walking on a wet surface. They might blend into the background if they’re covered in water or other liquids. Keep an eye out for them so you don’t trip over them or cause an accident with others around you.
8. Walk Against Traffic If You Can If possible, walk against traffic when crossing a slippery surface instead of with it. This will keep your momentum moving forward, rather than taking steps backward where you run the risk of slipping.
9. Consider Using Anti-Slip Socks Anti-slip socks are another option to consider if you’re worried about slipping. They can attach to your regular shoes or slip into work boots for extra foot and ankle support as well as added traction.
10. Go for a Test Walk When buying new shoes, wear the socks you plan on wearing at work – or bring them with you – and head down to the local shopping mall to test out your non-slip shoes. Make sure they have adequate grip so you don’t find yourself losing your footing when walking around.
Whether you are a company’s safety manager looking to invest in a slip-resistant shoe program for your workforce or an individual that is seeking the best non-slip shoes for this current work season, you can benefit from making an educated purchase decision.
Non-slip work shoes protect against falls and injuries, which is why it’s important to look at how they are tested and rated. By investing in the best non-slip work shoes for your needs, you will reduce risk factors such as slips that can cause injuries, accidents, or lost workdays. Make sure to consider the various features, ratings, and factors that can affect how slip-resistant a shoe is.
The best non-slip work shoes are not only safe but also comfortable for extended wear. To summarize, make sure to take your time in finding the best non-slip work shoes by looking at the information given here today. Remember to look at the safety features of the shoe, including non-slip soles and slip-resistant material.
AIMBOO is a leading provider of non-slip work shoes and other safety footwear suitable for workers. We’ve been in the industry for more than 10 years and we understand the need to provide you with the highest quality work shoes. Make sure to contact us if you have any questions or concerns with regards to our products.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Non-Slip Work Shoes
What is the best brand of non-slip work shoes to invest in?
Depending on your location, different companies are known for their slip protection shoes. Adidas, Rocky, Muck Boots are just some of the top brands. It’s also better to look at consumer reviews before you purchase any pair of shoes.
If you prefer to order in bulk, consider Aimboo’s non-slip work shoes.
What is the difference between non-slip work shoes and normal work shoes?
Non-slip work shoes are specifically designed to be slip-resistant. They will grip the floor much better than regular work boots or vans, which is why they can hold up against oil or water. It’s also important to look at the material makeup of the shoe.
How can you tell if a shoe is slip-resistant?
There are many ways to check whether or not a product is slip-resistant. Check the company’s websites, read customer reviews and product descriptions. Another way is to test out the shoes for yourself by checking how it feels on your feet. If you feel that there is an issue with how it grips on the floor, you should either get it checked or look for another.
What is the best material for non-slip work shoes?
Before you purchase a shoe, it’s important to look at the kind of material that has been used in construction. Rubber and plastic are considered some of the best slip-resistant materials around. In addition, leather and fabric are also good options especially if they’re treated with an extra coating or treatment.
Should I wear any protective gear along with non-slip work shoes?
It is not recommended to wear just a pair of shoes when it comes to your safety, check the type of foot protection that’s available from manufacturers these days and see if you can invest in them.