Conductive Safety Shoes
We are manufacture in China supply for Conductive safety shoes, can meet your different workplace requirements. Get touch at any time!
Aimboo Outdoor Sporty Flynit Fashionable Safety Shoes Men$9.90 Free Quote
Slip on Steel Toe Cap Brand Name Midori Safety Shoes in Kuwait$9.90 Free Quote
Aimboo Huaerxin Factory Action Nubuck CE Quality Work Shoes$9.90 Free Quote
Conductive Safety Shoes Manufacturing
Aimboo has been producing conductive safety shoes for over 10 years and has about 300 skilled workers.
We export more than 200,000 pairs of conductive safety shoes every year to different countries globally.
Since Aimboo export most conductive safety shoes to well-known brands, our QC team will strictly control the quality of your orders for each batch of conductive safety shoes.
You can choose wide toe from our standard or custom different
You can choose the steel toe cap to make cheap woodland safety shoes
You can choose the composite to make high top woodland safety shoes
Conductive Safety Shoes
Aimboo has its designs of conductive safety shoes, available for our customers to buy directly from our factory.
If you are in the electricity industry, and you want to guarantee the safety of your workers, you can also purchase our conductive safety shoes directly.
With our years of production experience, Aimboo can provide you with the right conductive safety shoes.
Do not confuse Aimboo conductive safety shoes, anti-static safety shoes, and ESD safety shoes.
Conductive safety shoes have a lower electrostatic resistance <100KΩ, according to the EN20345 standard, and ASTM F2412 conductive properties (CD) requirement of 0 ~ 5X105Ω.
Aimboo Conductive Safety Shoes are designed to conduct static electricity through shoes and the ground.
Our development department uses a dedicated aluminum foil on the bottom of the insole and uses the conductive agent in the sole.
To achieve this perfectly, it can pass in dry conditioning 20℃ and 35% humidity, because it’s not easy to pass in the low humidity.
The other two electric safety shoes conform to:
- EN20345 anti-static safety shoes: 100 KΩ
- EN 20345 ESD electrostatic resistance<3.5X107
If you need a conductive safety shoe sample to test or any pending conductive safety shoes order, you can consult our sales team.
We will provide the most reliable solution.
Conductive Safety Shoes: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
All information you’re looking for about conductive safety shoes is right here.
Whether you want to learn about the material type, features, quality, design or customization options, you will find all information in this guide.
Keep reading to learn more.
What are Conductive Safety Shoes?
Conductive safety shoes are a type of footwear that is designed to conduct static electricity via the shoes onto the ground.
They suppress the occurrence of static discharges, static sparks and static electricity.
Conductive safety shoes are designed to offer you protection when there is a presence of potential electrical hazards.
Conductive Safety Shoes
What are the Best Uses and Applications of Conductive Safety Shoes?
Conductive safety shoes are worn by people working in the following sectors:
- Explosives industry
- Highly flammable environments
- Fireworks manufacturers
- Nuclear power plants
What are the Features of Conductive Safety Shoes?
Some of the features of conductive safety shoes include:
- Conductive footwear is “unworn” when tested.
- The voltage of conductive safety shoes is to be 500 volts.
- The probe of conductive safety shoes is 2.5 inches in diameter and is all made of metal.
- Conductive safety shoes have an electro-static resistance range between 0 and 500,000 ohms.
- Polyurethane double deep cushion insoles
- Slip resistance
- Safety toe guards to reduce the danger of foot injuries at the workplace.
What are the Benefits of Conductive Safety Shoes?
Some of the benefits of conductive safety shoes include:
- Conductive safety shoes are essential in ensuring healthy and safe feet. They help protect the user in an environment where static electricity which has accumulated poses a hazard on the body.
- Conductive safety shoes are used to reduce electrostatic charges in the shortest possible charge for example when handling explosives.
- They are essential in some kinds of jobs where the risk of explosion is high. They ensure you have the least possible electrostatic charges on your body to avoid any spark that would cause an explosion.
- Conductive safety shoes reduce the chance of ignition from static electric spark by dissipation of static electricity from the body onto the ground.
- These shoes also prevent trips, falls, and slips in the workplace as they may result in accidents.
- Conductive safety shoes prevent fatigue for workers who stand and work all day on hard surfaces. They offer sufficient cushioning and arch support which makes individuals comfortable and eliminates muscle strains.
How do Conductive Safety Shoes Work?
Conductive safety shoes are designed to discharge electricity that is static from the body via the shoes into floors that are grounded.
For the charge to be dissipated, the floors need to be grounded.
The shoes are designed and manufactured to reduce static electricity and eliminate the possibility of ignition of explosives, explosive dust, and volatile chemicals.
What are the Types of Conductive Safety Shoes?
Some of the types of conductive safety shoes include:
- Women’s conductive composite safety toe shoes
- Women’s conductive alloy safety toe shoes
- Men’s conductive alloy safety toe shoes
- Men’s conductive composite safety toe shoes
- Wide toe conductive safety shoes
Rubber Sole Conductive Safety Boot
How are Conductive Safety Shoes Made?
Conductive safety shoes are made with the construction of the upper and a compound of the outsole which eliminates electrical resistance.
Before starting production, it is important to consider the material type to be used in making the conductive safety shoe.
All in all, the process of making conductive safety shoe involves:
Choosing the Material to be used in Making the Conductive Safety Shoe.
Leather is one of the basic materials in the production of conductive safety shoes.
You should be aware and considerate of the different types of leathers to utilize in making of conductive safety shoes.
Some of the types of leather for conductive safety shoes include:
- Printed leather
- Nubuck leather
- Suede leather
This step involves designing the shapes and features of the
Sewing process involves joining the different leather parts together to make a conductive safety shoe. It involves stitching the different pieces of leather together.
Bonding and Attaching
After sewing the different parts of the conductive safety shoe. The pieces are bonded together to make the final product.
The different pieces of conductive safety shoe bonded together are shaped into different designs. These designs may include boots among other shoe designs as required.
Removal of the Shoe Tree
This stage involves removing the design mold to give the conductive safety shoe its final shape.
Checking quality of conductive safety shoes is a continuous process done throughout the manufacturing process.
The conductive safety shoe is packaged and shipped to the target market.
What Type of Material are Conductive Safety Shoes Made From?
Some of the materials used to make various parts of conductive safety shoes include:
- Toe Cap: They are made from materials like composite materials, aluminum, or plastic such as thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU). Regardless of material used, any toe cap is suited to withstand a minimum of 100 joules in a drop test.
- Upper: most conductive safety shoes have leather uppers or textile uppers like micro-velour. These materials offer great protection from hazards and other elements.
- Lining: The lining of conductive safety shoes should be made of materials that absorb moisture, dries quickly, and is breathable.
Most conductive safety shoe lining is made from materials like cotton, leather, thermoregulating textile composites, or wool as they have those qualities.
- Insoles: they are designed to give protection and comfort to the feet and thus most of them are made from cotton and wool.
These materials are very durable and absorb moisture very fast.
- Outsoles: conductive safety shoes have their outsoles made from rubber, TPU, OR polyurethane.
They tend to have special materials in the sole and specific techniques of construction which create a very low electrical resistance.
What is the Marking of Conductive Safety Shoes?
The marking of conductive safety shoes is:
C: conductive safety shoes should be used in reducing electrostatic charges in the shortest time possible for example when handling explosives.
These shoes should not be used in case there is no complete elimination of the risk of shock.
The “C” marking for conductive safety shoes must be written on the shoes’ full name to make them easily recognizable.
Can Conductive Safety Shoes damage your Feet?
Conductive safety shoes are unlikely to cause damage to your feet. They are essential for keeping you safe in the workplace.
Therefore, you need to select them with care and choose the most appropriate ones.
Achieving a good fitting conductive safety shoe is very important just as making sure it is suitable for the occupation and working environment.
Conductive safety shoes which are poor-fitting may lead to bunions, calluses, corns, and other foot problems.
Often, workers tend to feel discomfort just because they are not putting on the correct size of conductive safety shoes.
Conductive safety shoes which are well fitting should give an allowance of toes to move.
How much do Conductive Safety Shoes Cost?
The price of conductive safety shoes ranges between $5 to about $ 100 depending on the design features and types of materials used.
Conductive Safety Footwear
What is the difference between Conductive Safety Shoes and Electrical Safety Shoes?
Conductive safety shoes are designed to conduct static electricity via the sole into the ground.
They dissipate electricity that is static faster and completely thus making them suitable for such hazardous environments.
They are worn in environments that are highly flammable and where there are explosives. Moreover, conductive safety shoes have a “C” mark visible on the ASTM label which is sewn on their inside.
Electrical safety shoes are designed in a way that reduces significantly electricity flow through the shoe to the ground.
In this way, it tends to reduce the possibility of electrocution.
They have an “EH” mark which is visible and sewn on the ASTM label inside the electric safety shoes.
What Quality and Safety Standards should Conductive Safety Shoes meet?
Some of the quality and safety standards that conductive safety shoes should meet include:
- ASTM F2413-05
- SD PR
- M I/75 C/75 Mt75
- ASTM F2412-05
- EN ISO 20345
- EN 20346
- EN 20347
- ANSI Z41 CLASS 75
- ANSI/ESD S20.20-2007
- EN 61340
- ASTM F 489
- ASTM F1667
How do you Choose the Best Conductive Safety Shoes?
Some of the factors to consider when choosing the best conductive safety shoes include:
- Risks: it is important to have in mind circumstances in which they will be worn and ensure that they meet the requirements.
It is important to have in mind the climatic conditions of the workplace, comfort level, and dangers involved.
- Obtain the correct size and fit: most of the time, you will be spending the entire day working in conductive safety shoes thus they must fit you perfectly.
Well-fitting conductive safety shoes should give an allowance of at least one centimeter between the toes.
- Comfort: conductive safety shoes should offer you all the necessary comfort to ensure they are conducive at work.
They should be made of materials that are a bit light in weight and easier to walk around in.
- Offer the correct level of foot protection: conductive safety shoes should adhere to set safety footwear standards to ensure that they offer the right level of protection.
- Resist the urge to buy bigger conductive safety shoes: they tend to be harder and inflexible as compared to normal shoes.
For that matter, people tend to buy oversized ones for more room for their feet.
Oversized conductive safety shoes may lead to injuries like sprains and even bone fractures.
How should Conductive Safety Shoes fit?
Getting proper fitting conductive safety shoes is important in keeping your body and feet happy. Conductive safety shoes should offer averagely a one-centimeter gap between the longest toe and the end of the conductive safety shoe.
Some of the tips to obtain the right fitting conductive safety shoes include:
- Get your feet measured: the size and shape of your feet may change over time thus do not rely on knowing that you always wear a given size.
- Fit your conductive safety shoes to your larger feet: most individuals tend to have one foot that is larger than the other one and it is good to ensure both feet are measured.
- Obtain measurements at the end of the day because your feet are the largest at that time. This will make sure that you are comfortable throughout the day and not just in the morning.
- Do not solely rely on the shoe size: this is because the size which is marked on the inside of conductive safety shoes tends to vary depending on the brand.
- Consider the conductive safety shoe’s shape: it is important to ensure that the shape of your conductive safety shoes resembles your feet’s shape to achieve a perfect fit.
- Check the depth of conductive safety shoes: ensure that the depth of the shoes is sufficient to fit the toes to avoid them rubbing against the top of the conductive safety shoes.
- Ensure space at the end of the safety shoes is half an inch of your finger between longest toe and end of the shoe.
- Always ensure that the safety footwear selected is comfortable to stand and walk around in and the heels should not slide when walking.
Are there customized Conductive Safety Shoes?
Yes, customized conductive safety shoes are available on order.
All you need is to give specifications of what you need to be incorporated into your customized conductive safety shoes.
Customized Conductive Safety Shoes
Are Conductive Safety Shoes available in different colors?
Yes, conductive safety shoes are available in different colors some of which include:
- Mild copper
- Jungle green
What is the difference between Conductive Safety Shoes for Men and Women?
Conductive safety shoes need to be comfortable for both men and women as they play a key role in the work environment.
Whether it for men or women, there are various types and of conductive safety shoes which make them enjoy comfort.
Some of the differences between conductive safety shoes for men and women include:
- The main distinguishing factor between men’s and women’s conductive safety shoes is the length.
Men’s conductive safety shoes tend to be longer as compared to women’s conductive safety shoes.
- Men’s and women’s conductive safety shoes also tend to differ in their width.
Women’s safety shoes tend to be wider at the forefoot and toe area while narrow at the heel due to their feet shape.
- Men’s conductive safety shoes, on the other hand, are generally sized larger and wider due to the wearer’s build and body structure.
- In addition, men’s and women’s conductive safety shoes are made with different heel support or midsole materials.
This ensures that they are suited for the comfort, fit, and weight of the appropriate conductive safety shoe.
- Another thing that makes men’s and women’s conductive safety shoes different is the Q-angle.
It refers to the incidence of the quad muscle about the kneecap as women possess wider hips as compared to men.
Men’s conductive safety shoes have a narrow Q-angle because they do not need extra support. Women’s conductive safety shoes on the other hand have a wider Q-angle as they need extra support in the shoe.
Are Conductive Safety Shoes Waterproof?
Yes, conductive safety shoes are waterproof as they prevent penetration of water into the shoe thus keeping the feet dry and warm.
This feature also ensures that individuals are protected from potential electrical hazards like electrocution while at the workplace.
What Protection Capabilities do Conductive Safety Shoes offer?
Some of the protection capabilities offered by conductive safety shoes include:
- Conductive safety shoes are made from materials that offer no electrical resistance but ensure the static charge is passed to the ground.
They protect the user in environments that have an accumulation of static electricity on the body which is a hazard.
- They are made with an air comfort technology located inside their heel which provides walking comfort and unmatched impact resistance.
- Their insoles are made mostly of polyurethane which cushions the feet and ensures the discharge of static electricity from the body.
- Conductive safety shoes possess the best slip resistance to protect individuals from falls, trips, and slips that may cause accidents at the workplace.
- They are made of materials that are resistant to chemicals that may pose a hazard to human skin.
Is Conductive Safety Shoes the same as ESD Safety Shoes?
There are two types of ESD shoes, that is, static conductive and static dissipative.
Static conductive safety shoes offer combined resistance of personnel and footwear of fewer than 1.06E6 ohms.
The maximum resistance of conductive safety shoes, body, and resistance of floor to the ground should not be more than 1,000,000 ohms.
Static conductive safety shoes are used for purposes of electrical safety in facilities that deal with explosives.
In case your goal is to protect static sensitive devices, static dissipative shoes on a static conductive flooring system are okay.
What is the OSHA Standard for Conductive Safety Shoes?
The OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.136 (a) states that:
The employer shall ensure that affected employees use protective footwear when working in areas where:
- There is a danger of foot injuries as a result of falling objects or objects piercing the sole.
- The use of protective footwear will protect the affected employee from electrical hazards. Examples of such hazards include electric shock hazard or static discharge, which remains after the employee has taken the necessary protective measures.
It is important to ensure your business follows these requirements and chooses the appropriate conductive safety shoes.
Following these standards will enhance the comfort and safety of your employees and make them happy.
What is the difference between S1 and S3 Conductive Safety Shoes?
S1 conductive safety shoes are resistant to fuel, have energy absorption features at the heel, and are anti-static.
S3 footwear on the other hand prevents water absorption for the upper and has a midsole that is resistant to penetration.
S3 Conductive Safety Shoes
What do SRC-rated Conductive Safety Shoes mean?
SRC-rated conductive safety shoes refer to those shoes which have been tested and passed against slip resistance.
This conductive footwear has also passed against the same conditions as SRB and SRA.
What the Standard EN ISO 20345:2011 mean for Conductive Safety Shoes?
EN ISO 20345:2011 gives specification to the basic or additional conductive safety shoes requirements of meeting the standard.
In simpler terms it includes:
- EN: it is the standard currently being applied across Europe.
- ISO: as defined by the International Organization for Standardization, all footwear PPE products need to meet the minimum safety standards.
- 20345: it the legislation number that is assigned.
- 2011: it refers to the year in which the safety standard around footwear was updated.
It now needs that safety footwear to protect 200-joule impacts from falling objects at the toes.
What are some Safety Footwear Abbreviations and Codes to look out for in Conductive Safety Shoes?
Some safety footwear abbreviations that you should look for in conductive safety shoes and their meaning include:
- A: it stands for anti-static
- AN: stands for ankle protection
- C: stands for conductive
- CI: stands for cold insulation
- CR: stands for cut-resistant upper
- E: stands for energy absorption
- FO: stands for fuel or oil-resistant outsole
- HI: stands for heat insulation
- HRO: means the outsole is resistant to hot contact
- I: stands for electricity insulated
- M: stands for metatarsal protection
- P: stands for penetration resistance
- WR: stands for water resistance
- WRU: stands for water penetration and water absorption resistant upper
- ESD: stands for electrostatic discharge resistant
How do you care for Conductive Safety Shoes?
Some of the care tips for conductive safety shoes include:
- Always clean them whenever they get muddy to ensure that they maintain good contact with the flow. This is to enable static electricity to flow into the ground.
- Use a mild soap to scrub the outsole of your conductive safety shoes.
- Remove the insole from your conductive safety shoes and vacuum their interior and that of the insole. Ensure that the inside of your conductive safety shoes is very clean.
- Clean the upper part of conductive safety shoes using a damp cloth.
- In case your conductive safety shoes get wet, you should dry them naturally.
- It is important to use laces of conductive safety shoes properly. The laces should not be slipped off or stretched.
- Make sure that you always store your conductive safety shoes properly to protect them from damage and increase their lifespan.
- Never put another insole in your conductive safety shoes but always use the static dissipating insole to allow a flow of static electricity.
- In case your insole becomes non-conductive, it is important to change it immediately. If not, your conductive safety shoes will not dissipate static electricity.
Depending on your unique requirements and specifications, we offer a range of conductive safety shoes.
Even for all your OEM business support or custom designs, you can count on us for all your conductive safety shoes requirements – contact us now.